Saturday, April 14, 2012

How to resto PVP and contribute with dps?

[:1]Hello!

I have been working on improving my gear and now my res is at 3.2k which is making me win more matches (was not doing that bad before) and with stand the pain of being tag team by 2 dps at the same time. I have been pretty successful on the 2v2 bracket with a hunter partner (he kills them while I cc melee in place and run around healing myself or him it is annoying as hell). Now I have the following question. When running into a team with the same composition (dps/heal) it is just a matter of who can manage its mana the best. Now having said that can I contribute with the dps when things are pretty much under control? I tried kitty form and the dps was laughable (150 yellow and 100 white damage), I mostly help with moonfire, but should I be using another spell to help out? I know that my roll is to keep me and my partner alive, but I think I need to contribute in dps in those situations where there is another dps/healz combo. Just to give you an idea we had a match that ran for 10 minutes last night and the determining factor was that the other healer went oom WAY before I did and then dps basically killed him.

I know my gear is not the greatest, because I am still running with a green staff, but I am working on replacing my gear and hopefully I will have enough points to replace it. It is my first priority and then replace the blues with T10 pvp gear.

green staff? o.O

Dude at least get something from heroic 5 mans or a blue from quest. Green is just... not cool.
LOL! I just dont like doing heroics in this expansion... pvp is the only thing that is keeping me going.
As you get better and progress, you're going to find that many games will last a really long time with healer/dps. Especially with a hunter, because as your rating gets higher, teams will hump pillars like mad which means your hunter can't burst or regen his focus. :(

Your best bet if you want to play with your hunter buddy is go feral and double dps it up. You'll get short games win or lose, and you'll do good damage.

If you really want to play resto, try to find a class that puts out serious damage like a good UH DK or warrior.

As far as the damage goes, using wrath, moonfire and IS can be helpful, but it's easier to force a kill by cyclone x3, bear bash, trap one person and have your hunter pop his CD's once you've forced a trinket.

put IS / moonfire on kill target.

chain 2xcyclone behind your hunter's trap.

spam wrath during first cyc on kill target if there is no fear of interrupt / you or hunter dying.

chase your second cyclone with 1 wrath on kill then bear > bash as 2nd cyc ends. follow that with a skull bash if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment