Saturday, April 14, 2012

Stealth Bar for druids?

[:1]I prefer the blizzard UI over add ons, (personal preference) and am just wondering if there is a simple add on that will enable my UI to act the way it does on a rogue when I stealth a new bar automatically will pop up just like it does on a rogue where I could easily place pounce and ravage, to "clear up" my cat forms "unstealthed" action bar. Also would be amazing if there was an add on to make Prowl itself the first special ability button listed along with all your forms the way it is placed above your action bar like on a rogue as well. If anyone knows of any helpful add ons to accomplish this it would be appreciated, thanks.
It should do that by default the same way it does for rogues o.O

EDIT: Bartender4 will do this and still show the blizzard art bar but i personally do not show it to have a more compact UI.
So far I came up with the following which actually work pretty good. I put in the stealth modifiers to make them spammable without accidently swapping your bar or unstealthing you.

For prowl:

#showtooltip
/cast Prowl
/swapactionbar [stealth] 1 6

For Pounce (replace pounce with ravage for ravage):

#showtooltip
/cast Pounce(Cat Form)
/swapactionbar [nostealth] 6 1

Still looking for a way to put prowl as my number 1 special move bar though...
Will bartender4 enable me to move stealth to my number 1 special ability along with all my druid forms the way it is the number 1 special ability button for a rogue?
With only two "From stealth" abilities there should be NO need for a bar swap for cats, a simple macro such as.


#showtooltip
/cast [nostealth] Savage Roar; Ravage

#showtooltip
/cast [nostealth] Rake; Pounce

Change the abilities to how you see fit, the first ability is the out of stealth, the second is the in stealth.
We have only 2 stealth-only moves. They can easily be handled with two macros, which makes the extra bars overkill.

Some addons will let you have a stealth bar. I tried using stealth bars and ended up turning them off. I found that managing buttons on the two extra stealth bars was more of a hassle than just creating the two macros. Assuming you like to have the same moves non-stealth moves available when you're stealthed like FC, FFF, dash, etc., you need to keep 2 cat bars per spec synced if you don't use the macros. It's no fun when you respec, stealth in a bg, and realize "Whoops, I forgot to put X back on my stealth bar".

Anyway, I solve the whole thing with 2 macros:

#showtooltip
/case [stealth] Pounce;Mangle(Cat Form)

#showtooltip
/cast [stealth] Ravage;Shred

I like these combos because Pounce to Mangle is a common pvp opener and I would never rather mangle than pounce in pvp. And in my mind ravage is a lot like a stealthed version shred.

No comments:

Post a Comment