Saturday, April 14, 2012

Which trinket combination for resto?

[:1]I have at my disposal Vibrant Alchemist Stone, Tyrande's Favorite Doll and Darkmoon Card: Tsunami.

I'm using alch stone and tyrande's currently, but I was wondering which combination of these 3 others would choose and why.
Vibrant Alchemist Stone and Darkmoon Card: Tsunami are going to be your best options and here is why. The static haste on the the first, is one of your best stats, also with a socket and bonus, that becomes a +351 int trinket, if done correctly. The Darkmoon Card has a passive spirit regen on it.

As far as Tyrande's Favorite Doll it never seemed worth it to me, considering the refund on it, isn't worth the lack of another benefiting stat.
As far as Tyrande's Favorite Doll it never seemed worth it to me, considering the refund on it, isn't worth the lack of another benefiting stat.


It's an incredible trinket, you just need to evaluate it properly.

It's 4200 mana on a 1 minute cooldown, or 350 MP5. This is independent of combat vs out of combat, by the way.

Now, my understanding was that Tsunami and the Doll are about equal in MP5, but when I try to calculate the MP5 on Tsunami, this happens:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Mana_regeneration

Mana per tick = (0.001 + 400 + sqrt321) * 0.003345 * 5.

If I'm using the formula correctly, Tsunami comes out to 120 mana per tick, or 300 MP5 (ticks every 2 seconds, so 2.5 ticks per 5 seconds). Since this is spirit-based regen, though, doesn't this mean we only see half of it in combat? Is Tsunami only worth 150 MP5 in combat, or am I missing something?

No comments:

Post a Comment