Saturday, April 14, 2012

Am I ready to tank Heroics?

[:1]I know I'm missing enchants but what else do I need?
enchants are pretty much the only thing you're missing, really o.o; once you feel that you're able to keep up with directing a group and holding threat(proper rotation, knowing which targets are best to CC), you're fine :3
Thanks :)
Im just getting into tanking in cata but back in wrath the trick I used to get ready for a heroic (mentally, not gear related) was if I could tank each dungeon on regular twice in a row without any deaths being my fault I considered myself good for heroics.
Thats probably the same scale I'll use in this expansion too.

As far as gear goes I plan on starting heroics once I have all my gear pieces at an Ilvl 330 min.
Don't get discouraged if you seem to die a lot at first, heroics are all about mechanics and depend very little on gear; if you can que for it you're good gear is good enough.

If you find yourself dieing look for AOE and cones you could have moved out of or spells you could have interrupted. There are a surprisingly large number of melee cone attacks that are easily avoidable.

No comments:

Post a Comment