Saturday, April 14, 2012

Guardian Of Hyjal trinkets = atrocious?

[:1]Just hit revered and I'm looking at the trinkets one last time, and they're horrendous are they not? Fiery Quintessence and Rune of Zeth. From a resto point of view they both have controlled burst but we don't need 400 more spirit nor 400 crit: our worst (but not useless) stat.

I'm currently running Alchemist stone and Core of Ripeness for a static ~700 int. I shouldn't replace those right? (at least not with these 2 options).
Looking at your character page, you are raiding Firelands.. so why not get the trinkets off alysrazor and staghelm?
1) They must drop
2) He must win the roll

I'm sure s/he is just wondering, like I was, if these trinkets are worth anything to use until the time in which they can be replaced by something better. They only cost gold, so they're somewhat expendable.

Fiery Quintessence isn't too horrible, since the spirit value is quite high, you can still get ~175 haste from it if you reforge. It is, on the other hand, a proc trinket with an ICD, which I find less useful than static trinkets or 'on heal' (which tend to spread their proc out as smaller, but much more frequent).
Looks like the best in slot trinkets are Shard of Woe and Jaws of Defeat, with the Alysrazor trinket being a decent fallback if you can't get one/either of those.

Fiery Quintessence might be a minor upgrade to Core of Ripeness.

The Spirit on the Quintessence is greater than the average spirit from Core.
The average INT on the Quintessence is greater than the INT on the Core.
The lack of constant Intellect devalues the trinket, though. I'm not sure if that winds up putting it below teh Core or not.

I don't plan on picking up either trinket. I'll hold out for the two drop trinkets in Firelands, and am trying to convince people to help me get a BoT heroic group together so I can try for the Shard.

They are both fairly poor trinkets for healers as static int is much better than on-use and proccing int. They are decent as dps trinkets however, especially when you need more burst at specific times in a fight.
1) They must drop
2) He must win the roll

Aly didn't drop the trinket last night. I got the boots though.

Yah, it looks like I too, will be trying to put a heroic BoT together...

No comments:

Post a Comment