Wednesday, April 18, 2012

10 toons and many BG's later: Druids

Overview Post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430810508

I've played all 10 classes and geared them up fully through bgs. After all this I've gotten a good feel for how they stack up against each other. So, how do druids stack up? It would be best to break it down into each spec:

Boomkin: Bleh is all i can say. Pretty dependent on hard casts which always hurts in pvp. The entangling roots cool down is only really good for one root, as the melee will use a cool down to push through the remaining two (AMS and blade storm as examples). I think the skill would be much more useful if it were a shorter cool down but only one charge to compensate. Boomkin is one of the more weaker specs in pvp since you can't get away as easily as you would like from melee.

Resto: I've always liked resto and how fluid it is with the large number of instant cast hots, though recently the spec feels weaker than the other healers mostly from being "squishy". On my DPS toons it feels easier to focus a druid down as opposed to the other healers (shammies and pallies especially). Resto druids feel like they need some passive damage reduction to get back on par. Just opinion on my part.

Feral: Feral is devestating. I HATE having to play against a feral druid on pretty much all my characters. The bleeds just do tons of damage and can be applied in a short amount of up time. This is included with the ability to instant cast cyclone after a finisher which can really mess up the opposition. I am nowhere near as good as i could be with my druid, but they already feel very powerful. The added ability to go bear form for good survivability is just gravy. I've defended flags in AB solo by popping cool downs and going bear far longer than i would be able to on any other class.

So to surmise resto is just a smidge under the other healers, boomkin is an unpleasant spec to play, but that isn't terrible because you can go feral which I feel is really strong

No comments:

Post a Comment