Thursday, April 19, 2012

New 85 tree

So, I finally hit 85 the other day and since then have been focused on gearing up. However, I'm bored of dungeons already, there aren't really any gear upgrades for me anymore. I decided to try a heroic the other day, noticing my ilevel was high enough.

It didn't work.

I can't seem to keep the tank and DPS alive without burning out my mana in the middle of a fight. I'm not sure if it's because of the few greens I still have and that the ilevel system is bogus, or I'm simply not healing correctly.
I usually stack LB on the tank, rejuv on anyone taking moderate damage, and use SM / HT / nourish as needed. I try to avoid regrowth and use cooldowns carefully.

So, my question is, why am I not capable of healing heroics? Am I not geared correctly, and if so, how should I better gear? Or am I just a crappy healer? Any advice is welcome, newbie player here. :D
Grab the moonglow talents in the balance tree. Dump living seed and two others for it.
Your next purchase needs to be a helm for the int meta.
Int trinkets are best.
Grind out some normals for 359 reputation gear.
Your right about the LB on tank. Always try to keep that up because it takes virtually no mana to renew it. Also dont use rejuv on people above 70-80% you have to remember you are still in the triage healing stage. And only try to use HT or regrowth on OOC procs but spam nourish as much as you need because you will almost recover the mana by the time your done casting. Use WG when there is raid damage...al this you know im sure.
Also dump the point in living seed it will be better spent in moonglow also if you want to dump NS because its pretty situational, I'd put 2 more points in to moonglow.
But at your ilvl you want tallent that help mana you dont need to be woried about throughput just yet.
Like Freckle said more int is always better so focus on that with your gear upgrades.
Hope this helps.
Well your spec needs to change :p, i noticed you have only 1 point in moonglow, that can cause ALOT of mana issues, you should put all 3 points into it, remove one from living seed, and one from natures swiftness(I don't find myself using it, you may tho) But living seed only procs on crits, and with your spec right now its only healing 10% of the amount healed, Useless. You'll see a difference. Like the other dude said, you want to replace your helm next. For the meta and what not. As soon as you can(this will come with gear) get to your 2005 haste break point (:.
Nature's swiftness is actually a lot more useful now that NS+HT has been buffed.

You also need the glyph of healing touch (to lower the cooldown of NS for each HT you cast), plus something to track NS's cooldown or you'll never use it.


Keep in mind that in the last Healing Q & A, the developers seemed to admit that it's almost reverse for healers what others tend to have experience in the game. It's that the Difficulty for healers is higher when they're starting out in 5 man Heroics compared to in Raids. One of the main things they sited was not being able to specialize in your spells and tasks as easily as you can in a raid. On top of having a limited mana pool and lesser geared groups with longer fights. Long story short, just keep in mind when you feel that you are having trouble starting out? You are not alone and druid has always taken time to get used to. Even now it is still a bit alien to the other healing classes and I think that is why so many people love playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment