Monday, April 16, 2012

Feral Arena

I run with a Ret right now (Feral/Ret), Resto/Ret last season. Is this a viable comp? I understand we have crazy burst and with cc's like rep/insta cyclone it makes the burst w/ wings possible to nuke the target in a pounce stun. i've had successful matches with my partner where we nuked the dps and just cc'd the healer and vice versa, but I'm finding that for the most part the other dps will be peeling one of us off killing the initial burst on our focused target. When this happens, most of the time the healers @ 50% hp and running off into a corner healing up full after having cc'd my partner while the current dps sits on me. After his wings are gone/dispelled/stolen, my partner can only save holy power for heals until cd's are up. This is where we seem to go downhill, A pally healer just trinkets/bubbles out of cc. A priest trinkets/fears...and if I trinket fear the other dps has a cc on me almost instantly. With no wings at this point the rets throwing muffins instead of punches. I don't think I'm a horrible player, I mean I absolutely nuke some people....and get wrecked at the same time.

Now is it my playstyle? Like I open *on healer* with Prowl > Beserk (if squishy non pally healer) > feral charge > ravage > shred till beserk wears off > maim....and from their depending on the situation I cyclone either the dps or the healer. Should I stay on the healer? Should I be wasting beserk on opening pounce? An early use of cd means if the battle lasts long enough Ill have it again in a few mins. But with wings, that target should be downed if cc is being thrown around correct...it just doesnt seem to happen that way. I find If I switch targets to skull bash/bash...that my current target has that spit second to pop cd's (defensive/heal) and regain control of the situation.

What is the best combo or most recommended rather, feral and *insert class here*. I'd like to play double DPS. Being Resto in 4.1 and playing 45 minute matches really killed it for me. SO I'd like to play with a dps. Rogues are decent but we share diminishing returns (I think) not to mention theyre squishy like me if we get caught and cant pop defensive cd's. Ret pallys have a burst but thats it. The bubble is a savior, but not worth it in my opinion due to the fact casters can still dps through it.

I dont use feral charge in prowl to open on casters/hunters. (This gives me the opportunity to clear distance when they disengage, blink, port, or root and run.) I keep up my 5 point rip and rake as much as possible and mash shred if the targets running within. I use ff but I do forget to apply it (my bad). But that's not the be all end all, FF may help dps but is easily removed by healers or someone who can dispell. I find it almost gets in the way of my rotation so I use it in a distance situation if theyre running or across the map. otherwise if it's just me on the target I hammer down. If it's my partner and myself then I'll apply it.

Anyhow...thanx for reading. ANY sort of tips/advice would be appreciated. I'm loving how feral can global some dudes 100k in the first pounce :D. Critique my gear/reforge. I know I can get better chant (working on it atm) I'm just gettin my s10 vicious atm (aforementioned I played resto) so i'm still lacking some useful stats. Tips tips tips, help a kitty out RAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!!! ^_^
anything is possible with jesus

the kamikazis say charge with full force and cds

but buddha says to adapt to the playstyle of your enemies.

-this message was brought to you by ghandi
i play this comp and so far we have been having a pretty steady success rate and its pretty easy, cc heals hoj if the cyclone/ repent is over and by then the other partner should be down.there is some matches where we mess up a bit, but if we chain cc correctly and nuke right , they usually go down and we dont have a problem.

get the paly to go holy and you will beat pretty much anything...at least thats how its been going in my 2v2 team

No comments:

Post a Comment