Monday, April 16, 2012

What is the best spec for Druid?

I recently started my account back up (after 3 years away) and I need to redo my spec for my druid. I was wondering with all the changes that have taken place since I played last what is the best way to go?
PvE - Boomkin/Resto, pick your playstyle.
PvP - Feral

Sidenote: Feral is still good for PvE, but not as easy as Boomkin or Resto.

Difficulty Rating (PvE):
Boomkin has a low skill cap, but a very high "maximum potential" cap.
Feral has a high skill cap and high "maximum potential" cap
Resto is the best PvE healer at this time, not to hard to learn.

PvP Effectiveness:
Boomkin - Don't bother PvPing.
Resto - not bad, but not the best, not much survivability for hard-switches or focused attacks
Feral - they're in a very good spot at this time.
Ok thanks for the advice, that helps a lot!
My two cents... my main is a catbear. His cat spec is hybrid pvp/pve, and his bear spec is pure pve. His dungeon queues are INSTANT (queues tank), getting into raids/raiding guild is cake when you can tank, while his DPS spec is competitive and very fun and interesting, and makes for a great pvp spec too.

Then there's the gear synergy. Find an agility piece that's a significant ilvl upgrade. Gem it agi, reforge it to mastery. It is now both a cat AND a bear upgrade. You can specialize it later when you get another piece, separate the sets and customize, but it means you upgrade your gear SO much faster. And you know another fantastic synergy? PvP gear isn't bad for bear tanking... some PvP pieces with base mastery are BEST in slot till heroic firelands. You take a pvp piece that's a significant ilvl upgrade, or has base mastery, gem it agi, reforge mastery if needed, and it's now your pvp AND your tank piece. I geared literally TWICE as fast as our raids pally tank because bear works well with pvp gear (while other tanks do not) :O

Catbear gives you:

1. Fastest possible queues
2. Easy raid access
4. Best total gear synergy in game

I love it.


Now, Resto + Balance isn't bad... it's along the same lines... slightly longer queues but you still get in raids easy. The synergy is decent but can't match catbear. Not as good for pvp imho.

Probably comes down to playstyle. But man... do I like catbear.
i'd have to say boomkin can be effective in rbg's. feral is better 2s and 3s

No comments:

Post a Comment