Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baleroc Tanking

So my guild has been having problems with Baleroc. We finally got a strat down that got us to enrage timer.

Currently I am the OT and what I do is eat a full shard by popping Survival Instincts, Frenzied Regeneration, and Barkskin. After the first Blade I tank until I have built up enough stacks to eat Decimation Blade and then I eat those while going Cat for down time.

My question is, what trinkets are good for this job. My best trinkets I have are Symbiotic Worm and Fluid Death. But for that fight I was using Porcelain Crab and Skardyn's Grace.

Did I make a mistake in my trinket choice? I was just over 250k with those two trinkets equipped and I was just under 40% dodge during combat.

Our MT is a prot warrior who significantly out gears me and has no DPS spec.
If the first blade is inferno blade what you're doing is good, otherwise decimation blade will one shot you because of torment. For your question, Fluid Death and the Crab for pure avoidance.
The first tank takes either blade, regardless of which one is picked.
I'm confused. Why are you tanking the shards at all? If you are having that much trouble with DPS and your warrior tank is even remotely geared, then you should be trying to single tank it.
The reason why I am tanking 1 shard is I can tank it the full duration. Our standard group makeup consists of a Mage, Warlock, Enhance Shammy, MM Hunter, and Ret Paladin. I am running the hybrid spec Reesi has in the sticky so I am switching to cat until a blade is about to come.
Your standard group is fine for DPS taking the shards, don't really know why you have to >.>

have you had the warrior try to single tank it yet?
We have, but healers seem to be unable to keep up with late game decimation blade.
If you're a bear, You're built to 1 tank this fight.,

Save ur cooldowns for inferno blade. Dodge the decimation blades like you were born to!
I would if I could but the other tank has duel specced prot. But it is sweet to see 3 dodged decimation blades.
Holy hell - what is with your legs??? - Get the tier 11 legs already - all u have to do is like 6-7 ZA/ZGs

Now that that is over - u should always be using Fluid death - it is the bears best trinket plus its awesome for dps - O.o - although that alone won't help u beat the berserk, ur guild will probably need to change up a bit as well to increase dps - I think 17-18k with 5 dps and 2 tanks should be able to do it, any lower then that and your overall dps will be too low(most should be 18-20).


strat seems fine to me. i've been MT'ing 'cause our DK wanted decimation blades but i think i'm going to try to switch that up next time and deeps a bit.


i did full first shard duty when i was kitty but we've had our spriest do it when i tank. we two healed it to make the enrage timer easy after we got stacking the buff on the first shard sorted out.


fluid death is solid, keep that. i'd aim for the moonwell trinket from molten front, as the activated dodge is perfect for decimation blades. ancient petrified seed would also be excellent. have a tia's grace? that'd work well.



Thanks for the responses. I haven't been able to get the legs mostly because I never believed I would be tanking this much on an alt. I have almost every dungeon heroic trinket, including tia's grace.
Update to progress:

We replaced druid tank and downed Baleroc.
Update to progress:

We replaced druid tank and downed Baleroc.


Baleroc is mad easy with a druid tank
but grats anyway!

i solo tanked it tonight. dodged 7 out of 9 decimation blades :).
Update to progress:

We replaced druid tank and downed Baleroc.


Not sure why you would remove the most overpowered tanking class for that fight. Don't see many other tanks dodging whole blade phases taking no damage whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment