Thursday, April 19, 2012

? For raiding Resto Druids

form+ tranq CD.... do u use these every time it's up, or do you hold onto it for an oh crap! button?

I'm not the only resto druid in my guild anymore, so I'm trying to figure out how to use them together to the best advantage of the raid. I usually wait until after my partner pops it, then use mine if still needed, but just curious how others are doing it.
depends on the fight, but i find myself tending to alternate tranq & tree cooldowns -- often tranq is coordinated into healer cooldowns, and treeform is more of an oh-crap button.
Depends on the fight tbh.

A fellow resto druid I heal with we don't generally have a set rotation but I usually pop tranq after he does or use it for the next oh !@#$ moment such as Stag's Scorp phase, he'd use his during the last few swipes and I'd save mine for the swipes after the orbs for final push.

Alysrazor he tends to use it during the burn phase of alysrazors 0-50 energy part while I'll burn mine after the knockback to finish the top off and etc.

Pretty much I myself use it not for the oh %^-* omg win button but the omg large predictable damage inc tranq ezmode in.

Now for the treeform part I usually don't always use form with tranq such as I use form for every scorp phase or try to at least while tranq I'd save for the 2nd scorp portion and etc. but I always felt using tranq with treeform is nice for the bonus you kinda hurt yourself in terms of that you'd miss out on a large portion of blanketing people with extra growths and blooms as those 8 seconds of tranq or however long it is takes up a large chunk of tree time.

It also comes down to you trusting other healers, such as do you need to tranq to help them top off people or can you trust them enough to save it for the really omg final push attempt and etc.


Mostly it's a trial and error bit of using what works best and referencing world of logs. Such as use form and see if the output without tranq helps or hurts compared to using form and tranq at that same point in the fight in another attempt.
It depends on the fight and on what cooldowns are available to the raid.

We usually coordinate all raid cooldowns -- both mitigation cooldowns like Barrier and high-output cooldowns like Tranq. This is especially true on raid-damage heavy encounters like Staghelm, where carefully coordinated cooldowns greatly simplify the encounter.

Tree form, being more a personal throughput cooldown, is usually reserved for our discretion. Using Staghelm as an example, if I'm assigned to pop Tranq after 7 Flame Scythes, I dont' combine the two (since unbuffed Tranq is suffience for the 7th Scythe), but if I'm assigned to the 10th, I definitely do. If I'm assigned to an early one, I'll pop Tree Form after the Tranq to help out through the heavier attacks.

On a fight like Alysrazor, I never combine the two. I pop tree form as soon as the burn phase begins, since I'll be Wrath-spamming to regain mana and this maximizes the results of what I'm doing in that phase. I pop tranq when she's restored to %75 of her energy since that's when the damage is heaviest in that fight (if people can avoid the fire during the worm and tornado phases, and if they can't, we're doomed anyway).


I almost always use them together, because usually it's enough to either top off the raid, or keep people up thru large amounts of damage. In 10 mans, I usually run with 2 pally healers, and I don't know if it's just the ones I run with, or it's Holy pallies in general, but they don't do well on raid healing. They deal with the tanks, and other than rolling LB on the main, I just concentrate on the raid. but we're starting 25s (in FL, scary! lol) so...

thanks for the input
I would vary rarely use them together, unless i know its a raid-wide healing intensive moment that i know is coming, so specifically all i can think of, is the beginning of a H Halfus fight, and Staghelm, In both cases i would treeform, and blanket lifeblooms, and tranq in the last second or two of ToL to catch the healing buff,

For all other encounters, ToL is more my 'o !@#$' button, and tranq is used every three minutes JUS BECAUSE I CAN :D
Deleted by Benegesserit

No comments:

Post a Comment