Saturday, April 14, 2012

Moonkin on H Lord Rhyolith

[:1]We have been working on H Lord R. And i have seen moonkins doing some extreme DPS, I was wodering how they are doing this?
I have looked at WOL and that tells me that they stay in Solar Eclipse and DOT up the fragments with IS and SF and hit them with Shrooms. But, when I do this i'm only doing about 18k+ dps. I just can't figure this out.
So, if anyone have some hits for me it would really help me out.
DoT everything? Legs, sparks, fragments, w/e else has a red nameplate on it. I don't play moonkin but I'd imagine that's how they're doing it
The problem is that i can only stay in Solar Eclipe (SE) for so long because casting enough SF will bring me out of SE so it seems i can only put one SF on each fragment add, and that will bring me verry close to comming out of SE right when we hit ph2, if i spam it I loose the eclipse.
Solution to your problem is simple enough. Take the points out of Lunar shower and Blessing of the Groove :)

The only costs you pay for an indefinite solar eclipse are
1) reduced direct damage on sunfire, which doesnt account for a hell lot of damage anyways, and
2) increased mana cost. put those 5 points in things like dreamstate. Get persevarance/fungal growth if you're good on mana.

edit: owlkin frenzy is actually a pretty awesome talent to get too, depending on the fight.
The above is correct. Drop Lunar Shower/BotG, pick up Dreamstate and Owlkin Frenzy. Pretty much every fight will proc OF a decent amount of the time. Better than wasting it with Lunar Shower. You just get to innervate yourself now.

Depending on your raid comp you may want to stay in solar eclipse for strong aoe and sunfire.

1. Keep DoTs on both legs at all times
2. DoT the Spark + Starfire (so you stay in Solar Eclipse)
3. Wild Mushroom (and DoT if your raid comp's aoe is weak) Fragments
4. If 1-3 are done you can work on slowing the liquid obsidians via mushrooms and typhoon them away (this inflates a lot of boomkin's dps)

However, if your raid's aoe is fine, you may decide not to stay in solar eclipse the whole fight. Either way I highly recommend you drop Lunar Shower as it is now a very poor talent and pick up Owlkin Frenzy as it will proc A LOT on this fight.
Awsome, thank you guys I really appriciate it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment